Happy Easter!

Monday, April 6, 2015

It's Sunday, April 5, 2015 and it's Easter Day. Most people might think "It's JUST Easter day", but not for me who never celebrated Easter before. With great excitement, I got to celebrate Easter with my host family's big family today!

Easter is a cornerstone event in the Christian faith, but it's surrounded by interesting quirks. It celebrates the completion of Christ's mission of salvation in the Crucifixion and Resurrection. By dying on Good Friday, Christ atoned for the sins of others; by rising from the grave on Sunday, Christ conquered death.
So...it began in the morning, when I was getting ready to go to my host auntie's house for the Easter family gathering, my host dad called me to go outside. For a moment I thought I was running late but quickly I understood what's going on - my host parents were preparing for surprise hunts for Marisa, Katrina (who are my host sisters), and me. After everything was ready, each of us got an egg with a starting clue that will guide us to the surprise. 








After looking around, going up and down stairs, I finally got my surprise...and it was right beside tv shelf at the basement. Anyway, it's actually not all about the surprise, but more to the experiencing the Easter. This morning has been started really sweet and I would say thanks the most to my host family who has made this happened.




Shortly after Katrina, Marisa and I got the surprise, we as family plus Matthew (who is Katrina's boyfriend) took off to auntie's house. It took about 2 hours driving and I spent a little time to read a book for my english class "Into Thin Air", and most of it to sleep in the car. We got there around 2 pm with grandma and grandpa have already been there. Then we eat dinner-lunch (means it's a big lunch that can hold you full until dinner) and just gathered together as family.

A little while later, after my momma and auntie were done hiding all the easter eggs, we all went out and all the kids including my sisters, cousins, Matthew, and me have to find all the eggs and another bags of suprise for us. Here's the another fun part began!! I know I might seem too old for this, but I did really have fun haunting for eggs. Besides, this is actually my first time doing this so I wouldn't count myself as too old lol. #Iamcool

I was kinda having difficulty to find my last bag (which was actually a box), and finally I found it in a bush and it was almost invisible......







Afterwards, we took some pictures together and went back in to the house. Guess what time it was next...it was dessert time!! There were some cakes that we had made a day before, Mississippi smudge that Katrina made (which was really good that I ate 6 pieces of them), and also peach pie made by my cousin. And well...I want to share more about the cakes that Marisa and I have PROFESIONALLY made...it was a chocolate cake with Christian cross shape and a carrot cake that both have been profesionally decorated. Here's a picture of us holding the chocolate cake and unfortunately I forgot to take picture of the carrot cake :(



Left to right: Marisa, Katrina, Jodi, Erika, Jason, Widya

A little bit show before we're all leaving - Marisa and I showed our funny duet act in front of everyone about The Plane Truth by Ellen DeGeneres. And that went really well!

Today just has been a great day. Although I don't have any other Easter day to compare to since it's my first Easter, I'd still say today was the best Easter day I've ever had :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment